Written by SAFSMS Support Staff, Abdulrazaq. O
The Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary defines it as a store of information or data that is available to draw on.
A company knowledge base can function like a repository, containing critical information for the daily functioning of your business, as well as its long-term success. It provides an effective way to store important information regarding your customers, employees, products, and services. It helps employees and clients access important information to address customer service issues, resolve problems, and gain insight for workforce collaboration. You can increase efficiency and productivity through your online company knowledge base because employees can pull information from one location.
When Do Companies Utilize a Knowledge Base?
As a customer relationship management (CRM) tool, a knowledge base can give customers easy access to information that would otherwise require contact with an organization’s staff; as a rule, this capacity should make the interaction simpler for both the customer and the organization.
In a company’s acceleration phase momentum needs to be increased but paying customers also have to be well catered for. So it becomes future expansion vs current customer satisfaction.
Benefits of a Knowledge Base:
- It creates an easy to search portal that can be accessed at any time
- It improves with the product, so files are kept relevant and up to date.
- Employees and clients can also share relevant information to customers externally using social share technologies, stimulating communication.
- Your online knowledge base enables your company to reach new audiences … based on the content (video, images, multimedia) you create and share
- It promotes standardization by alerting management to similar issues and concerns faced by customers.
- When using a knowledge base, you’ll take a knowledge-centered approach to customer support, employee training, and employee on-boarding.
Because these information materials are reused often its intention is to increase greater customer satisfaction and retention, improved profits, and better employee and customer morale. You will also see benefits across your organization from increased efficiency, smoother communication, and enhanced information flow.
There are many ways to measure the success of such endeavors. Though not everything can be measured the biggest question you should ask is “Have clients found it useful ?”. A properly executed knowledge base should have the effect of reducing the human cost involved in client support.
What is the Future of SAFSMS Support Desk
A knowledge base should always be customer-centric, ever growing to meet the needs of a product. The team proposes an online chat messenger and remote virtual assistance for issue resolution. Ingenious ways to interact with clients.
A well-organized company knowledge base will save your organization money by reducing the time spent trying to find information. An online knowledge base is one of the most cost-effective support channels because it gives customers easy access to information that would otherwise require contact with the company’s staff.
Enjoyed this? Share and keep following this blog & the FlexiSAF Blog to find out the next Brown Bag feature!