As a teacher, as with anything else you will definitely face some unique challenges. These challenges, small or major may sometimes make you consider quitting. In such times, it helps to remember why you started out in the first place, why you really love doing what you do and why you chose teaching as a profession.
Recently, for one of our weekly Teacher’s Challenges, we decided to put out this Question to our community on Instagram:
Why do you Teach?
We were surprised by the number of truthful, inspiring responses we got, so we decided to share some of them with you our readers.
If you’re in need of some inspiration, check out what other teachers like yourself have to say about why they love their job!
- “I teach because it broadens my own knowledge as I impact the students” – @tolulopewalters
- “I teach because I always wake up with the motivation of making a difference in the lives of the children I come in contact with. I teach to inspire children to become something they never thought they could be” – @maryhamkimberly
- “I teach to impact the next generation. We were helped along by our teachers and it’s simply a joy to help the next generation become who they were meant to be” – @lincy_c
- “I am a teacher so that I can be able to make a positive difference on the future of children. I feel I should contribute what I have learnt and experienced over the years. this way, I am paying back and also fulfilling my desire of enhancing the education system” – @iam_kokokopa
- “The idea that you can help shape a generation by teaching; to believe that you can indeed build a nation without having to contest for a post is really amazing” – @azibit
- “Why I teach? there’s this way people’s eyes light up when they learn something new. i love seeing those eyes, it gives me joy and satisfaction, that’s why I teach” – @otunlamoses
- “I teach to provide knowledge to the little ones as well as to broaden my level of intelligence” – @kayouse_dyna
- “Teaching is my opportunity to tutor, inspire and mentor young minds in their individual uniqueness” – @gasmora
- “I am a teacher and I love what I do because I build a world of knowledge in people’s minds and brains” – @mosunmolaayodeji11
- “I teach because I learn” – @teamtouchinglives
- “I teach because I believe that impacting the little leaders (with knowledge) will make the world a better place. I also enjoy it because i get to realize the amazing potential the children have inside them – @official_kemila
- “I teach because I want to help children break out of the box” – @ms_yettilove
So how about you? What’s your special reason for teaching? We’d love to hear it! Do Leave a Comment below
Follow us on Instagram now so you don’t miss out another interesting discussion or Teacher’s Challenge.